Rammed earth is a clay mixture used to construct massive walls and for significant repairs to clay buildings. The ramming process leaves characteristic horizontal stripes on the wall surface, which are unique and eye-catching in the interior design.
In addition to sustainability and low environmental impact, walls created from tamping clay also have an aesthetic advantage. The walls are mostly left unfinished, showing the natural texture and color of the clay surface.
Rammed earth technique has been used in various parts of the world for thousands of years and is still used today as a sustainable and cost-effective construction method.
Clay walls have a unique organic look that blends seamlessly with the natural environment
When the formwork or mold of the shape and size of the wall is in place, it is filled layer by layer with a damp tamping mixture. The mix layer is then compacted manually or with mechanical tools such as a pneumatic tamper. Tamping, or compaction, compresses the Rammed earth mixture, removing all air pockets and creating a dense, strong wall. 10-20 cm of the mixture is tamped at a time, because otherwise the lower half of the mixture layer may remain soft due to insufficient tamping.
Sun warmth accumulating clay walls have excellent thermal mass, meaning they can absorb and store heat during the day and release it at night, reducing the need for heating and cooling systems. This, of course, if the sun shines on them.
Color: dark red
Grain size: 0–8mm
Consumption: 1500-2000 kg/m³
Packaging: 25kg, (500kg / 1000kg when ordering Big-Bag)
How to order?
In order for us to help you choose the best product for your project, please email us with the following information:
- Description of the substrate to be finished
- Whether it is a living room, a wet room or a facade
- The size of the surface to be finished in square meters
- Desired tone, as you can describe it in your own words
- If possible, pictures or video of the room and surface
- Contact information (name, phone)
- If you want our transport, the address where you want to receive the goods
Come visit us!
- We help you choose the right product
- You can choose a suitable surface structure and color on site
- You can get professional advice and the right tools from us
If you are located in Northern Estonia, visit our showroom in Tallinn Peetri tee 2 or write to the address email@example.com
If you are in South Estonia, stop by the Mooste manor complex Mõisahoovi tee 5 or write to the address firstname.lastname@example.org